Monday 6 January 2014

The Birds and the Bees

I don't know what the right age is to teach your children about the birds and the bees, but having had a heart to heart talk with my 10 year old daughter recently, I feel it should be sooner rather than later! You would be surprised at how many subliminal messages children are receiving from the media about sex, whether it is through an advert or a music video, or even in my daughter's case, straight from a friend! I was saddened and shocked to discover that my daughter thought sex was this disgusting act that couples did only to make babies.  It was through God's wisdom that I was able to correct this perception she had, and now, instead of fearing sexual intercourse, or as I like to call it, 'love-making', she awaits it as a special marital blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment